Dr.V.M.Palaniappan, also known as Dr. Palani, had his early education in his hometown Taiping, Perak. He then studied in different universities to obtain B.Sc (Biol.), M.Sc. (Physiol.) (Annam), M.Sc. (Ecol.), Ph.D. (Microb. Ecol.) (Malaya), Post-Doc. (Nutri Ecol.) (L’pool), Post-Doc. (Toxicol.) (IRRI). He has been a recipient of the following high-level, merit awards: (1) Academic Staff Fellowship of the Assn. of Commonwealth Universities in London. (2) UNESCO Research Fellowship Award. (3) Fellowship Award of Liverpool University, England. (4) Fellowship Award of the International Rice Research Institute. (5) Faculty Adjunctship Award of San Diego State University, Ca, USA.
After, serving as a Science Teacher in Maxwell School, KL, for a short while. Dr. Palani joined Radio Malaysia as a Broadcasting Assistant in early 1964. He was a playwright, producer, newsreader, commentator, announcer, and a creative storyteller: he has narrated 980 stories for children during a period of 23 years, and that earned him the name “Palani Mama”.
He joined Univ. Malaya in 1967 to be a researching Tutor initially, and then a Lecturer, and an Associate Professor in subsequent years. All his lecturer and researches centred around various disciplines of Ecology, including Plant Nutrient Ecology, Enviromental Ecology, Acid Rain Ecology, Microbial and Decomposition Ecology, Reclamation Ecology, Soil Nutrient Ecology, Ecology of Medicinal Plants, etc.
By 1993, Dr. Palani already had to his credit some 105 publications on different subjects, from science to demography. He has also been a free-lance writer to newspaper “The air-conditioner in your vehicle can turn into a killer” (NST), “Carbon monoxide may be a killer in our midst” (NST), Ecologist’s tips on coping with haze” (NST), etc. are a few of his popular articles. His book “Hair Problem” was a sold out in the 80’s. His latest book “Obesity” has been marvelled as a “masterpiece of scientific research”, “an outstanding contribution of the century”, “a scientific tome” etc. by senior scientists and medical professionals.
Dr. Palani has guided a total of 57 BSc Hons, Msc and PhD research projects during his long career as an academician – a number that should be considered quite an achievement, for such a task in the area of Ecology is not easy to accomplish! He has also conducted several international conferences and workshop sessions.
Dr. Palani has been an active member of some 22 organisations and scientific bodies. He has given some 36 noteworthy consultations, which includes being a Consultant Ecologist to His Royal Highness the Prince of Japan. He was a member of the “Botanical Exploration Tea to Nilgiri Upper Montane Regions”.
He has created/ formulated “Palani’s Seehai Kai Shampoo”, “Palani’s Digester”. “Honey Ginger”, “Palani’s cH Meter”, several motivating hypnotic cassettes, and herbal medicines meant for serious illnesses such as breast lumps, heart blockage, kidney stones, psoriasis, erectile dysfunction, etc. which are in the process of being registered and/or patented.
Dr. Palani keeps himself occupied by giving Group Therapy consultations to the sick and needy through the practise of the complimentary medicine he has pioneered – the “Ecological Healing System“.
EXTENDED BIODATA OF DR.V.M.PALANIAPPAN, Ph.D.
Full Name: Dr.Palaniappan s/oViswanathanMuthiah.
(Dr. V.M.Palaniappan). (Short Name: Dr. Palani / Dr. Niappan).
School Education: St. George’s Institute, Taiping, Perak, Malaysia.
Higher School: Intermediate Science: Annamalai University.
B.Sc. (Botany, Zoology) Annamalai University): 1956-59
M.Sc. (Physiology) Annamalai University: 1959-61.
M.Sc.(Ecology) University of Malaya: 1966-69.
Ph.D.(Micro-organismic Ecology) University of Malaya:: 1970-1975.
Post-Doctoral Research-1 (Nutrient Ecology) Liverpool University, England:1975-78.
Post-Doctoral Research-2 (Toxicology) IRRI, Philippines: 1979.
Post-Doctoral Research (Ecological Modelling) San Diego State U; Ca;USA”.1980.
1. Academic Staff Fellow of the Association of Commonwealth Universities in London. Awarded in 1975.
2. Fellow of Liverpool University, England. Awarded in 1976.
3. Fellow of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation,Paris (UNESCO). Awarded in 1978.
4. Fellow of the International Rice Research Institute. Awarded in 1979.
5. Faculty Adjunct of San Diego State University, Ca.,USA,1981
Date & Place of Birth: December 1938; (75 years); Madurai
Place of Origin: Sirukudalpatti, (Chettinadu), Sivagangai District, Tamil Nadu.
Migrated to Malaysia in 1948/1949.
1. Consultancy Services, Health Care.
2. Conducting Group Therapy Sessions for the Sick and Needy.
3. Writing Scientific Articles & Health Care Books.
Science Teacher, Maxwell, School, Kuala Lumpur: 1961-63.
Radio Broadcaster in Tamil Language: Radio Malaysia: 1963 1966.
Tutor, Assistant Lecturer, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer:
Associate Professor: University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur: 1966-1994 (28 years).
A-20-7, Penthouse, Villa Angsana Condominium,
56,JalanKrian, Taman Rainbow,
Off: Batu-4, Jalan Ipoh,
51100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Neo Health Care,
D-3-21,PutraMajestikCondo Office Block,
JalanKasipillay, 2nd Mile, Jalan Ipoh,
51200 Kuala Lumpur, WP.,Malaysia.
Mobile: (6) 012-207 1414.
Fixed Land Line / Fax: 603–624 234 14..
Blog: http://ecohealingsystem.blogspot.com/ (In a highly active state)
Proficiency in Languages:
1. Malay (Spoken & Written: Very Good).
2. English (Spoken & Written: Excellent).
3. Tamil (Spoken & Written: Excellent).
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Ecological Healing System: A complementary scientific medicine.
- Diagnosis of Human Diseases, based on Calf Muscle Density.
- Obesity: Causes, Prevention and Cure, and Obesity-related Diseases.
- Diabetes Mellitus: Type II, Gestational Diabetes (Except for Type I)..
- Cardio-Vascular Diseases.
- Erectile Dysfunction, Sterility, and Sex Potentials.
- Breast Lumps, Cysts, Fibroids,
- Cancers (All forms: All Stages, with the exception of bedridden state).
- Menstruation, Menopause and Osteoporosis among Women.
- Asthma, Bronchitis, and Sinusitis.
- Epilepsy; Parkinson’s Disease.
- Alopecia, Canities, and Related Problems
- Medicinal Plants & Plant Nutrients
- Environmental Pollution
PAST ACADEMIC RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Soil-Plant Nutrient Ecology
- Wasteland Reclamation Ecology
- Tin Tailings Ecology
- Litter Decomposition Ecology
- Acid Rain Ecology
- Medicinal Plant Ecology
- Weed Ecology
- Microbial Ecology
- Plant Community Ecology
- Human Hair & Health Ecology
MEMBERSHIP IN ASSOCIATIONS, SOCIETIES, AND SCIENTIFIC BODIES:
(1) Member, Malaysian Invention and Design Society, since 1992-98.
(2) Member, Malaysian Scientific Association, since 1990-98.
(3) Life Member: International Society for Tropical Ecology, since 1972.
(4) Life Member, Malaysian Epilepsy Society (for Research), since 1988.
(5) Member: British Ecological Society, 1970-1986.
(6) Member: Malaysian Society of Applied Biology, 1979-84
(7) Member: Association for Tropical Biology, 1977-79.
(8) Member: Environmental Protection Society, 1970’s.
(9) Member, Malaysian Society of Soil Science, 1980-92.
(10) Member and Selangor State Secretary, Malayan Nature Society, 1970’s.
(11) Alumni, International Rice Research Institute, Manila, since 1988.
(12) Alumni, Annamalai University, India, since 1960’s.
(13) Member, INTECOL (International Association for Ecology)1990-1993.
(14) Life Member: Muthamizh Padipagam (Literary Society) since 1976.
(15) Life Member: Malaysian Thanavaisya Youths Association, since 1976.
(16) Life Member: Malaysian Hindu Youths’ Association, since 1985.
(17) Life Member, MAIUG (Malaysian Asso’n of Indian University Graduates):1970’s.
(18) Member, Global Organisation of PIOs, 1998-99.
(19) Executive Council Member, Internat. Association for Tamil Research, 1986–96.
(20) Member, International Association for Tamil Research, since 1986–1993.
(21) Member, Academic Staff Association of University of Malaya, 1970 – 1994.
(22) Member, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 1974 – 1994.
(23) Life Member, Kovai Nagarathar Sangam, India: since 2001.
(24) Member, Malayan Nature Society, Selangor Br. 1966-86; Since 2007.
(25) Member, Persatuan Veteran RTM, Since 2013.
(26) Member, Malaysian Society for Complementary Therapies: Since 2006.
COURSES TAUGHT IN ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS:
1. Health Science for the Tropics, Maxwell School, Kuala Lumpur: 1961/67.
2. Biology, Botany & Ecology, ‘A’ Level Syllabus, Cyma College, K.L. 1961.
3. General Science: ‘O’ Level Syllabus, Maxwell School, 1962-63.
4. Plant Taxonomy, Agiculture College, Serdang: 1968-70.
5. Ecosystem Concept: To B.Sc.Year -4 Students, at Field Studies Centre,Ulu Gombak: 1968-70.
6. Biology & Taxonomy of Algae, Fungi, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, Angiosperms, Anatomy and Morphology, Plant Physiology: Tutored toBSc.II and III years in Univ. Malaya:1967-69.
7. Vegetation Sampling & Classification: ToB.Sc.YearIII Students, at Field Studies Centre, Ulu Gombak: 1973-75.
8. Soil Ecosystem: A One-week Training Course Offered to the Teachers of South East Asian Countries, at the Regional Centre for Education in Science and Mathematics (SEAMEO/RECSAM), Penang: l974.
9. Soil Survey & Soil Ecology: ToB.Sc.YearIII Students, at Field Studies Centre,UluGombak: Since 1976.
10. Introductory Ecology: Pre-Science: A Preparatory Course for Pre-University Students,PusatAsasiSains: 1975-78.
11. Introductory Ecology:B.Sc.YearII: University of Malaya: 1970-78.
12. Monera and Lower Cryptogamic Botany:B.Sc.Ed.YearIII: University of Malaya: 1977-79.
13. Soil Science:B.Sc.YearIII: University of Malaya: 1972-1993. (Course Ref: SB309).
14. Soil Ecology:B.Sc.YearIV: University of Malaya: 1975-1994 (Course Ref SB415).
15. Biology and Control of Weeds:B.Sc.YearIII: Unive. Malaya: 1984-87 and 1988-94. (Course Ref: SB311).
16. Ecology of Soil Micro-organisms:B.Sc.YearIV: University of Malaya: 1976-1989. (Course Ref: SB416).
17. Wasteland Reclamation Ecology:B.Sc.YearIV: University of Malaya: 1976-94. (Course Ref: SB424)
18. Methods for Organising and Conducting Seminars: B.Sc.Year IV, University of Malaya: 1979 – 1997. (Course Ref: SB491)
19. Methods in Plant Ecology.B.Sc.YearIV: University of Malaya. 1993/94.
20. Creative Thinking, Innovation and Plantation Management: Course taught to Plantation Managerial Staff, at University of Malaya Centre for Continuing Education, as a Visiting Professor: 1999 – 2000.
1. Military Training: Cadet, Lance Corporal and Corporal in theNational Cadet Corps,Senior Division at the HQ 6th Madras Battalion NCC Unit in Annamalainagar, 1954-57.
2. Graduated with a B-Certificate, at the Examination of the Infantry Battalion, Ministry of Defence, Government of India, held in 1957.
3. Underwent Leadership Training as a Gram Sevak (Community Service for Village Development), sponsored by the Government of Tamil Nadu, India: 7 days’ camp in Ghandi Gram, 1957.
4. Served as Gram Sevak (Community Service for Village development): Part of the Block Development inPalladamDt; Coimbatore, India, for 35 days, June, 1957.
5. Participated as a member of the Botanical Exploration Team, Annamalai University, to study the upper montane flora of the Nilgiri Hills, South India, 1959.
6. Served in the Social Service Camp of the National Cadet Corps, in Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India. : July, 1955.
7. Served as a Teacher in the Social Service League, affiliated to Annamalai University, India: 1956 – 1957.
8. Served as a Broadcasting Assistant in Radio Malaysia (RTM) in Kuala Lumpur: Initially as a Part-timer in 1962. Became a full-time Government Servant: 1963 –1967.
CONTRIBUTIONS WHILE IN RADIO MALAYSIA:
- Wrote scripts for multivariate programmes.
- Translated news, programme materials, and a popular daily news commentary called “Window on the World” by Patrick Keith and several other popular journalists, from English to Tamil and vice versa.
- Read news: national and regional programmes.
- Performed ‘Conty’ duties: broadcasting of day-to-day programmes, making announcements.
- Produced a variety of disc programmes: weekly regulars, ‘Karuthum Kaviyum’, ‘Isaiyum Karpanayum’, ‘Isai Sollum Kathai’, ‘listners’ requests’, birthday programmes, motivational songs, instrumentals, etc.
- Gave running commentaries for numerous functions (other than sports activities) such as convocations, opening of parliamentary building, Malaysian Indian Congress conferences, coverage of parliamentary sessions, governmental and non-governmental functions, Thai Poosam Festival at Batu Caves, etc.
- Art critique: essentially on paintings and sculptures, related to National Art Gallery
- Acted in various social & literary dramas/ radio plays, etc. produced by co-workers.
- Wrote radio plays.
- Produced various radio and literary plays, written by popular Malaysian writers, besides mine.
- Produced a weekly programme “UN Speaks”, in Tamil.
- Wrote stories for children, at weekly intervals.
- Narrated stories for children, at weekly intervals (details below).
- Produced children’s weekly magazine programmes.
- Produced weekly science magazine program “Ariviyal Ulagam”.
- Produced weekly youths’ magazine programmes “Ilaignar Ulagam”
- Produced weekly magazine programmes for women “Magalir Ulagam” (for 3 months).
- Produced psychological warfare (daily) programmes (against political terrorism)“Ullum Puramum”.
- Produced a weekly programme “Neyar Mandram”, where listeners get clarifications.
- Produced stage shows “Kalappadam”, involving popular Malaysian artistes, for later broadcasts.
- Voiced daily share market reporting.
- Served as Co-ordinator for Programme Exchange between Radio Malaysia and Radio Singapore.
- Served in the organising committee for annual radio festival “Vaanoli Vizha”
- Served as Duty (Supervisory) Officer for Indian Services, at monthly intervals, for a year.
- Auditioned voices for selection of radio artistes.
- Served on the committee for the selection of scripts for broadcast.
- Served as accompanying journalist for Ministers Tun V.T. Sambanthan and Tan Sri Manickavasagam.
- Covered First International Tamil Conference held in University of Malaya in 1966, organised by the Conference Co-Chairman, Professor Xavier S. Thaninayagam. Disseminated all aspects of the conference to Radio Singapore, Radio Ceylon, BBC, and All India Radio.
- Produced (and also interviewed) 40 lectures of eminent scholars who were delegates to 6th International Tamil Research Conference, which included Professors M. Varadarajan (“Mu Va”), V.S.P. Manickam (VaSuPa), eminent personalities such as Ki Va Jeganathan, TK Shanmugam and numerous others. These were then aired at weekly intervals for next three years.
9. Creative Story Teller for Children in Radio Malaysia, under the name “Palani Mama”:1962-87. (I have narrated a total of 980 stories).
10. Graduated in Dale Carnegie Course in 1976. President of Class No.61.
11. Visiting Fellow to Agriculture Research Centres in Thailand, IRRI Research Centres in the Philippines and Agriculture Universities and Plantation Crops Research Institutes in India, under the Visiting Fellowship Award of UNESCO,1979/80.
12. Created a New Formula for a Hair and Body Shampoo of Herbs in 1980: Commercialised as “Palani’s Herbal Shampoo” by Visalam Hair & Health Care Sdn. Bhd.,PetalingJaya.
13. Earned Certification at the Malay Mail Big Walk for Men Junior Veterans, 1980
14. Created a Formula of Herbs for the Curing of Digestive/gastric Problems for Visalam Health Care Sdn. Bhd.,PetalingJaya, 1987, and is being commercialised.
15. Developed a Technique for the Isolation, Multiplication and Commercialisation of Idly (Rice Cake) Yeast. Marketed byVisalamHaiar & Health Care Sdn. Bhd., since 1986.
16. Served on the Academic Committee of the 6th International Tamil Conference held in University of Malaya, KL, 1987.
17. Marathon Co-ordinating Organiser: 1989/90, Science and Chemistry Societies, UM.
18. Organising Chairman for Scientific Sessions: The First World-Congress of Siddha Medicine, held in Kuala Lumpur: 29.3.92 – 1.4.92.
19. Member of the Panel of Intellectuals, appointed to advise Radio-Television Malaysia (RTM), by the Research Division of the Ministry of Information, Malaysia: w.e.f. 10.4.1993.
20. Pioneering a new alternative medicine for human health care, called Ecological Healing System, since 1975. Ecologically-oriented methodologies were developed to treat, cure and prevent human diseases.
21. I have treated some 2500 patients for various illnesses during a 25 year-period: 1975 – 2000. (Data records of 1400 patients were used for the study of obesity, prior to a publication on the subject (see List of Publications).
22. I have conducted 291 Group Therapy Sessions to 64 Groups of People (suffering from a variety of ailments from diabetes, heart blockage to cancer) through the practice of Ecological Healing System during a period of 33 years: in Malaysia, Singapore, and India, between 1975 and 2008.
- Served as Consultant on Tropical Ecology to His Imperial Highness the Prince of Japan, during His State Visit to Malaysia duringApril l970, and received His Appreciation through the Japanese Embassy in Malaysia.
- Consultant to Cambridge Examination Syndicate to assess the Higher School Certificate Examinations held in Malaysia, 1970-1973.
- Served University of Malaya Education Faculty as Examiner of Peer Teaching of B.Sc.Ed. Final Year Candidates, 1970-73.
- Served as Member of the Student Consultative Committee, Universiti Malaya: 1970-74.
- Served as a Consultant Member of the Committee to English China Clay Ltd., England, l975/76.
- Served in the Committee for the Formation of the School of Biological Sciences in University Malaya.
- Member of the Working Committee for the Formulation of New Degree Structure for University of Malaya, 1970s.
- Provided consultancy services to the Cambridge Examination Syndicate in the conducting of ‘A’ Level (HSC) Biological Sciences Practical Examinations: 1970-73.
- Consultant to Malaysian Ministry of Education Examination Syndicate for SPM and STP Examinations, 1973.
- Consultant in Ecological Studies to RECSAM in Penang, offered to SEMEO-SEADAC countries, 1974.
- Served in the Committee for Reclamation of Disused Mining Lands and Pools, Malaysian Ministry of Research, Science and Technology, 1974.
- Provided consultancy services to the Forest Botanist in the Forest Research Centre at Sandakan, Sabah, for the establishment of Soils Laboratory: 1977-78.
- Served as a Consultant to the Ministry of Health on Matters Relating to the Use of Neem Oil, 1986.
- Served as Consultant to the Indian Chamber of Commerce for Standardising the Quality of Curry Powders in Malaysia, 1987.
- Served as a Consultant Referee to Pertanika Journal published by Universiti Pertanian Malaysia
- Served as a Consultant Referee to Wallaceana, published by Zoology Departement, Universiti Malaya.
- Member of the Working Committee for the Formation of Departments from School of Biological Sciences.
- Member of the Working Committee for the Training of Technicians in Physical Sciences, Science Faculty, UM.
- Member of the Botanic Garden Management Committee, Univ. of Malaya: 73-74.
- Member of the Faculty of Science, University of Malaya: 1974-1993.
- Member of the Board of Examiners, University of Malaya: 1970-1993.
- Botany Department Safety Officer, University of Malaya: 1976-93.
- Managed Chemical Store for Ecology Division, University of Malaya: 1970-75.
- Managed Votes and Stores for Botany Department, University of Malaya: 1976-77.
- Managed Ecology/Botany Honours (Year-4) Laboratory, Universiti Malaya: 1970-93.
- Co-ordinator of B.Sc.Year Four Honours Research Projects, Botany Dept, University of Malaya: 1977-79.
- Co-ordinator for Field Study Centre Teaching Courses,l977-89.
- Organiser of Botany Student Seminars 1976-94.
- Science Programme Producer, Radio Malaysia: 1962-67.
- Consultant to Visalam Hair & Health Care Centre & Ecohealth Sdn. Bhd. to treat hair and health problems: since 1975 – 2000.
- Consultant to Educational, Welfare & Research Foundation Malaysia, 1985-92.
- Consultant to Projek BAKA: Teaching of Ecosystem to Gifted Children, Faculty of Education, University of Malaya, 1984-86.
- Consultant to the CHILD Information Learning and Development Centre, 1988.
- Presented a Program in TV-3 on the Ecology of Human Hair, 1988.
- Demonstrated Scientific Vegetarian Cooking in TV (RTM) for 30 minutes under the “Sudut Selera” sponsorship, 1988.
- Trained B.Sc.Honours Year Four Students on Methods of Organising Seminars, Chairing and Delivering Research Papers, in the Depart. of Botany, UM: 1977-1997.
- Offered Training to Kindergarten Teachers on the Methods of Creative Story Telling to Children, a week’s program sponsored by EWRF, held in University of Malaya, June, 1993.
PUBLICATIONS (In Chronological Order):
(Theses, Books/Sections/Parts in Books, Publications in Journals, Conferences Organised, Publications in Conference Proceedings, Papers Presented Conferences, Seminars and Public Lectures, Scientific Reports, Publications in Newspapers, Essays for Public Circulation, Talks Aired in Radio Malaysia & T.V. Malaysia Programs, Hypnotic Programs in Cassettes, and Educational Film Strips):
1. Palaniappan, V.M.(1960). Autecological Studies of Cleome icosandra,L. M.Sc.Thesis Submitted to Annamalai University, India.
2. Palaniappan,V.M.(196l). Effect of Sound Waves on the Growth of Eleusine corocana,L. M.Sc.Thesis Submitted to Annamalai University.
3. Palaniappan, V.M.(1963 – 1966). “World of Science”. Wrote scripts and produced a weekly 30 minutes’ serial magazine in Radio Malaysia.
4. Palaniappan, V.M.(1963 – 1966). Nalla Kudumbam. Wrote and produced for Radio Malaysia a weekly drama of science, with fun. 120 segments
5. PALANIAPPAN, V.M. (1962 – 1987). NARRATED CREATIVELY 984 MORAL STORIES FOR CHILDREN, THROUGH RADIO MALAYSIA, KUALA LUMPUR.
6. Palaniappan, V.M.(1963 – 67). Written large number of RADIO PLAYS, SHORT STORIES and ESSAYS for a variety of programs in Radio Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
7. Palaniappan,V.M.(l970). Studies on the seral stages of plant succession on areas of tin mining industries around Kuala Lumpur. M.Sc.Thesis submitted to Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur,187pp.
8. Palaniappan,V.M.(1971). Vegetation Succession in Tailings Areas. Paper presented at the Internat.Pacific Science Congress, Singapore. 21pp.
9. Palaniappan, V.M.(1972). History, flora and edaphology of tin tailings areas around Kuala Lumpur. Tropical Ecol. 13(2):202-225.
10. Palaniappan,V.M.and FongFooWoon(1973). The chemical composition of Curculigo latifolia in relation to the fertility of its habitat. Tropical Ecol. 14 (2):3l-45.
11. Palaniappan,V.M.(1973). Effect of human interferences on the fertility of the forest soil. Uthayam (Tamil) 1-6:pp 11.
12. Teh,H.H., V.M.Palaniappan, et al (l973). Report of the Committee for Utilization of Disused Mining Lands and Ponds. 39pp. Report Submitted to the Malaysian Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment.
13. Palaniappan,V.M.(1974). A Manual of Practical Ecology for Tropical Schools. A Guide Book Released to SEAMEO Countries by RECSAM, Pulau Pinang.50pp.
14. Palaniappan,V.M.(1974). Ecology of tin tailings areas: plant communities and their succession. J. Appl. Ecol. 11 (l) 133-150.
15. Palaniappan,V.M.(1975). Litter production and fungal decomposition of Xerospermum muricatum leaf litter in a Malaysian mixed forest ecosystem. Ph.D. Thesis, submitted to Universiti Malaya. 419pp.
16. Palaniappan, V.M.(1975). Plant Succession on Tin Tailings Areas. Educational Film Strip for the Teaching of Ecology in Malaysian Secondary Schools. Ministry of Education. 40 frames.
17. Bradshaw,A.D., Roberts,R.D., Skeffington,R.A., Newnes,W. and Palaniappan,V.M.(l976). The Ecology and Reclamation of Some Difficult Types of Derelict Lands. Report submitted to English China Clay Ltd., England. l3pp.
18. Palaniappan, V.M.(1976). Malaysia – A Country With Abundant Natural Resources. Seminar Presented at the Liverpool Rotary Luncheon Meeting in 1976.
19. Palaniappan, V.M.(1976). Ecology of Tin Tailings Areas in Malaysia. Seminar Presented at University of Liverpool, England.
20. Palaniappan,V.M.and Chan,D.(1977). Appendix for Biology: A Functional Approach by MBjVRoberts. Heinemann Educational Books.3pp.
21. Palaniappan, V.M.(1979). A Guide to Nagarathars of West Malaysia. MalaysianThanavaisyaAssocition. 315pp.
22. Palaniappan, V.M.(1979). Utilisation of Natural Resources in Malaysia. Special guest lecture delivered at the Tamil Nadu Agriculture University, Coimbatore, India.
23. Palaniappan,V.M.and Palaniappan,S. (l979). The Scope of Palm Oil Mill Effluent Usage in the Reclamation of Sandy Tin Tailings Areas. Paper presented at the International Tropical Ecology Symposium held in Kuala Lumpur,April, l979.
24. Palaniappan, V.M.(1979). Microbial Degradation of Organic Matter. Seminar Presented in University of Agriculture, Bangalore, India.
25. Palaniappan, V.M.(1979). Ecological Principles Pertaining to the Conservation of Human Hair. Seminar Presented at the University of Agriculture, Bangalore, India.
26. Palaniappan, V.M.(1979). Planting Crops in Tailings Areas in Malaysia. Seminar Presented in Kasergod Plantation Crops Research Division, Kerala, India.
27. Palaniappan, V.M.(1979). Ecological Approach to Human Hair and Health Care. Seminar Presented atSirCVRaman Lecture Theatre in Madurai Kamaraj University, India.
28. Palaniappan,V.M., R.H.Marrs and A.D.Bradshaw (1979). The effect of Lupinus arboreus on the nitrogen status of China clay wastes. J. Appl. Ecol. 16, 825- 83l.
29. Palaniappan,V.M.and Palaniappan,S. (1980). Utilisation of palm oil mill effluent as a source of nitrogen. Proc. Conf. Soil Sci.Agric. Dept. in Malaysia. 243-258.
30. Palaniappan, V.M.(1980). How to Get Our Daughters Married:A Scientific Approach to Eradication of Dowry System Among the Tamils. Personal Publication. 18pp.
31. Palaniappan,V.M.(198l). Hair Problems: Causes and Preventive Measures. Visalam Publishers. 223pp.
32. Palaniappan,S. and Palaniappan,V.M.(198l). Palm oil mill effluent as a manure for plant growth. Proc. UNESCO Reg. Symp. Biotech. Utilisation of Renew. Resources.UniversitiPertanian Malaysia.
33. Palaniappan,V.M.(l981). A Method to Speed-up POME Decomposition for Use as Manure. Paper present at the UNESCO Regional Symposium on Biotechnology and Utilisation of Renewable Resources, Universiti Pertaninan Malaysia.llp.
34. Palaniappan,S. and Palaniappan,V.M.(1981). Fungi associated with the early decompostion of POME (palm oil mill effluent) residues. Paper presented to the PORRIM Coordinating Committee for POME/POS utilisation. 13p.
35. Palaniappan,V.M.(1981). Effect of Pollution on Human Hair”, Luncheon Talk delivered at the Kuala Lumpur Rotary Club.
36. Palaniappan,V.M.(1981). “Hair Problems: Causes and Preventive Measures”. Luncheon Talk, delivered at the Klang Rotary Club.
37. Palaniappan,V.M.and A.B.Sim (1982). Ecology of the rhizoplane fungi of Hibiscus esculentus L. Malaysian J. Sci. 7:2l-26.
38. Palaniappan, V.M.(1982). The Ecology of Tin Tailings Areas in Malaysia. Seminar Presented In San Diego State University, Ca., USA.
39. Palaniappan, V.M.(1982). Hair Problems and Preventive Measures. Paper presented in San Diego State University, Ca.USA.
40. Palaniappan, V.M (1982). Healthy Living. Seminar Presented atKursusLembagaPerancangKeluargaNegara Malaysia (National Family Planning Board).
41. Palaniappan,V.M.and S.R.SaaidanKhadri(1982). Efficiency of certain nitrogenous fertilizers for vegetable production on Serdang Series soil. Paper presented at Seminar on Nitrogen in Malaysian Agriculture. 9pp.
42. Palaniappan, S., SyedSophieand Palaniappan,V.M.(1983). A study on the land application of palm oil mill effluent. Paper presented at the Seminar on Land Application of Palm Oil and Rubber Factory Effluents.UniversitiPertanian Malaysia. 14pp.
43. Palaniappan, V.M.(1983). Effects of Environmental Pollution on Human Hair. Seminar Presented in University of Malaya Teaching Hospital Family Planning Unit.
44.Palaniappan, V.M.(1984). Ecology of Human Hair. Luncheon Talk Delivered in Bungsar Rotary Club, Kuala Lumpur.
45. Palaniappan,V.M.(1985). Masalah-masalah Rambut: Apa Yang Boleh Dibuat? Visalam Publishers. 37pp. (In Malaysian Language).
46. Palaniappan, V.M.(1985). Ecological Approach to Treating Human Hair Problems. Seminar Presented in General Hospital, Ipoh, Perak.
47. Palaniappan, V.M.(1986, 1988). Study Methods for Progress in Education. Motivational Talks to STPM Students in Vanto Academy.
48. Palaniappan, V.M.(1985, 1987). Hardwork Brings Success. Motivation Talks to Secondary School Teachers in Kuala Lumpur City and Selangor. One-day Seminar Organised by LembagaPenduduk danPembangunanKeluargaNegara,Kuala Lumpur.
49. Palaniappan, V.M.(1987). Marriages Among Tamils: Past, Present and Future: A Scientific Approch to Solving Dowry Problems. Paper presented in Tamil to the 6th International Tamil Conference, Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. 21pp.
50. Soepadmo, E., Palaniappan, V.M., et al. (1988). Laporan Kemajuan Program Penyelidikan IRPA. Program 04/07/04/049. 18 pp.
51. Palaniappan,V.M.(1989). Self Realisation. In Ponn Vizha Sirappu Malar Pub.KedahNattukkottaiChettiar Chamber of Commerce, Alor Star. 42-48.
52. Palaniappan, V.M.(1989). Herbs for Hair and Skin Problems: Selection, Early Trials and Development of a Formula. Malaysian Traditional Medicine: Proc. Seminar Malaysian Traditional Medicine,Kuala Lumpur. 258-264.
53. Palaniappan,V.M.(1989). The Survival Potentials of Ayurvedic Medical System as Compared to the Practice of Western Allopathy, and the Need to Develop an Ecologically-oriented Alternative Medicine. Paper presented at the 7th International Tamil Conference held in Mauritius. 20pp.
54. Palaniappan, V.M.(1989). Selection of Weeds for Reclamation of Tin Tailings Areas. Seminar on Land Affected by Mining.ProjekIDRC – UM, held in Mines Research, Ipoh. 12 Nov.
55. Palaniappan, V.M.(1989). Kajian ekologi pemulihan tanah tandus lombong bijih timah dan potensinya untuk penanaman tumbuhan tanaman. 8 pp. dalam Laporan Projek IRPAEd.E.Soepadmo.
56. Palaniappan,V.M.(1989). Motivation for Students. A Hypnotic Program in Cassette for Self-improvement. Visalam Publishers. 27 minutes.
57. Palaniappan,V.M.(1989). Father-Son Relationship. A Hypnotic Program in Cassette for Self-improvement. Visalam Publishers. 29 minutes.
58. Palaniappan,V.M.(l989). Anti-Stress. A Hypnotic Program in Cassette for self-improvement. Visalam Publishers. 35 minutes.
59. Palaniappan,V.M.(l989). Insomnia. A Hypnotic Program in Cassette in Tamil for Self-improvement. Visalam Publishers. 22 minutes.
60. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). Ecological Implications of Food Enrichment in the Tropics. Seminar: Advances in Food Research III, 19-20Nov.Universiti Pertanian Malaysia, K.L.
61. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). The Behavioural Ecology of the Tamils: Past, Present & Future. Paper presented at Thamizhar Thirunal Conference in Penang.
62. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). The air-conditioner in your vehicle can turn into a killer. New Straits Times, 11th May.
63. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). KesanBurukAsap Kenderaan. Berita Minggu, 29 July.
64. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). Carbon monoxide may be killer in our midst. Saturday Forum, New Straits Times, August 18th, p.7.
65. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). Food Enrichment in Malaysia: Could be Dangerous to Your Health. Visalam Publications. 8pp.
66. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). Environmental Crisis: Ecologist Offers Some Help to Overcome Health Problems. Visalam Publications. 11pp.
67. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). Causes of Pollution and Preventive Measures for Healthcare. (Consumer Program in Tamil). Talk aired in Radio Malaysia. 12 minutes.
68. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). Minerals in Vegetables, with Particular Reference to Hydrocotyle asiatica. (Consumer Program in Tamil). Talk aired in Radio Malaysia. 9 minutes.
69. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). Relief for women. A Hypnotic Program in Cassette for Self-improvement. Visalam Publishers. 32 minutes
70. Palaniappan, V.M.(1990). Ecological Approach to Total Health Care. A Short Course to Senior Defence Officials at Maktab Pertahanan, Jalan Padang Tembak, Kuala Lumpur, March,1990.
71. Palaniappan, V.M.(1991). Rehabilitation of Tin Tailings Areas. 5 pp. In: Soepadmo, Laporan Kemajuan Program Penyelidikan IRPA 1988-91.
72. Palaniappan, V.M. (1991) In: Soepadmo, E., H.Ibrahim, D. T.Jones, A.L.Lim, Abd. AzizAhmadShah, H.C.Ong, and V.M.Palaniappan. (1991). Survey, Evaluation and Development of Malaysian Plant Resources. Seminar Kebangsaan IRPA – Sektor Strategik: 20 ms. USM, Pulau Pinang.
73. Palaniappan, V.M.(1991). Ecologist’s tips on coping with haze. Saturday Forum (Full Page). New Straits Times, 5.10.1991, p.9.
74. Palaniappan, V.M.(1991). Jerebu bawa hujan asid. Temuduga. Metro, 11.10.1991, muka hadapan.
75. Palaniappan, V.M.(1991). Haze’s effects could threaten crop yields. Temuduga, Business Times, Tuesday, 15.10.1991, p.6.
76. Palaniappan, V.M.(1991). Haze and protective measures. Temuduga, China Press, Sabtu, 12.10.1992.
77. Palaniappan, V.M.(1991). Keburukan jerebu dan caramengatasinya. Temuduga, Mingguan Wanita, Oct., 1992.
78. Palaniappan, V.M.(1991). Vitamin-D Enrichment in Foods is Unnecessary in the Tropics. (Consumer Program in Tamil). Talk aired in Radio Malaysia. 12 minutes.
79. Palaniappan, V.M.(1991). Uses of Garlics and Evaluation of the Needs for Garlic Pill Intake. (Consumer Program in Tamil). Talk aired in Radio Malaysia. 14 minutes.
80. Palaniappan, V.M.(1991). Effects of haze on human and protective measures: Part-I: Causes for haze formation: Fri; 11.10.91: 9.00-9.15 pm Part-II : Preventive measures: Fri; 18.10.91: 9.00-9.15 pm Part-III: Protective measures: Fri; 25.10.91: 9.00-9.15 pm. Consumer Program in Tamil. Talks aired in Radio Malaysia, Channel-6.
81. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Nagarathar Community: Past, present and future. Nagarathars, Book byMthuraiNagaraViduthi, Madurai, India, 52-55.
82. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). The degradation of oriental civilisation due to Western influence and ecological methods for rectification. In Tamil. Journal of Indian Studies, University of Malaya. 5 pp.
83. Palaniappan, V.M.and M.S.RashpalKaur(199?). Effects of acidified water on the early decomposition and nutrient release of leaf litter in the tropics. Tropical Ecology. (MS 838, dt 1989).
84. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Contributions of Thiruvalluvar for Youths Towards Vision 2020. Paper presented at thePersatuanSasteraThirukkural at Port Kelang, 26.1.1992.
85. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). The revival of herbal oil bath in Ecological Medicine, for a cure of hypertension caused by vascular constriction. Paper presented at the First-World Congress of Siddha Medicine, held in Kuala Lumpur, 29.3.1992-1.4.1992.
86. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Ethics and the Environment: The Hindu Perspective. Paper presented at the National Seminar on Ethics and the Environment: 4.8.1992-5.8.1992,RumahUniversiti, Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur.
87. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Science & Hinduism: The Development of Ayurvedic Medicine Along With The Practise of Hinduism. Seminar of Science and Hinduism. University of Malaya Hindu Society. 13.9.1992.
88. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Laporan Kemajuan Program Penyelidikan IRPA 1991-1992. In: Abdul Aziz Ahmad Shah et al.
89. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Effects of carbon monoxide pollution on humans and preventive measures. Live interview, Radio-I, 19.2.1992: 3.40-4.00 pm.
90. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Kekurangan nutrien dalam makanan moden: Bahagian I: 9.00-9.15 pm., Jumaat, 27.3.92. Bahagian II : 9.00-9.15 pm., Jumaat, 3.4.92. Bahagian III: 9.00-9.15 pm., Jumaat, 10.4.92. Consumer Program in Tamil. Talks aired in Radio Malaysia, RTM Channel-6).
91. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Traditional herbal bath for the treatment of hypertension. Ucapan diberi dalam rancangan “Nada Suara”: 6.30-6.45 pm. Hari Sabtu, 25.4.1992. Telecast in Television Malaysia, Channel-2.
92. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Ucapan dalam rancangan “Home Gardening” at Garden Club: RTM: Radio-4. Methods for the preparation of virgin soil: 8.45-9.00 am: 3.5.1992.
93. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Ucapan dalam rancangan “Home Gardening” at Garden Club: RTM: Radio-4. Vegetable planting for soil improvement: 8.45-9.00 am: 10.5.1992.
94. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Ucapan dalam rancangan “Home Gardening” at Garden Club: RTM: Radio-4. Planting of fruit trees: 8.45-9.00 am: 17.5.1992.
95. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Ucapan dalam rancangan “Home Gardening” at “Garden Club”: RTM: Radio-4. Fertilizing the soil: 8.45-9.00 am: 24.5.1992.
96. Palaniappan, V.M. (1992) Nutrient values and consumption of Malaysian Local Fruit Rambutan. Talk aired in the “World of Women” in Radio Malaysia, RTM Channel 6, on 12.8.1992.
97. Palaniappan, V.M. (1992) Domestic wastes and disposal methods. Talk aired in the “World of Women” in Radio Malaysia, RTM channel 6, on 19.8.1992.
98. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Science Education for 2020. Seminar Presented to the Language Teachers of Kuala Lumpur City, on 16.8.92. Organised by LPPKN, Kuala Lumpur.
99. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Ecological Methods for the Prevention of Several Dieaseas. Seminar Presented at the Apex Club of Kuala Lumpur, on 23.9.92.
100. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Kesihatan Keluarga Asas Kebahagian Rumahtangga. Guest lecture delivered at the seminar “Pendidikan Asas Bagi Pembangunan Keluarga”. Organised by LPPKN,KL and KSGGT, KL. 30th August.
101. Palaniappan, V.M.(1992). Women and Health Care. Guest Lecture delivered at the Youth Development Program held in University of Malaya, by CHILD Information, Learning and Development Centre, on 13.12.1992.
102. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). Toxicological effects of dyeing hair. Talks aired in Radio (RTM): 23.3.93: 12 min; 30.3.93: 10 min; 6.4.93: 8 minutes. Radio-6. “The World of Women” a magazine program.
103. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). Ecological implications of certain environmental problems in Malaysia: A preliminary investigation on the pH status of waters from different sources in Kuala Lumpur/Selangor regions. Paper presented to the Food Quality Control Unit, Health Division, Malaysian Ministry of Health. 3.4.1993. 8pp.
104. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). European food versus Asean diet: an evaluation of their suitability for tropical living people. Talk aired in “The World of Women”, a magazine prog. Radio-6, RTM. 13.4.1993.11 min.
105. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). Rambut lebat berkilat beransur gugur. Interview by Wirda Adnan. Jelita, April 1993, Berita Publishing Sdn. Bhd., 92-94.
106. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). The suitability of cosmetic products created for use by temperate-living people, for people living in the tropics. Talk aired in “The World of Women”, a magazine program. Radio-6, RTM. 20.4.1993. 12 min.
107. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). The ill-effects of excessive protein intake. Talk aired in “The World of Women”, a magazine program, Radio-6, RTM, 27.4.1993. 9 minutes.
108. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). Hair and skin care techniques. Talk aired in “The World of Women”, a magazine program, Radio-6, RTM, 4.5.1993: 9.40 – 9.52: 12 minutes.
109. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). Ecological Methods for Healthy Living. Paper presented at the PKT Seminar, Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia: 29.5.1993.
110. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). Development of Science in Tamil Language. Paper presented at the one-day Seminar on the Contributions of Tamil Language, held in Dewan Bandaraya, Kuala Lumpur, on 6.6.1993.
111. Palaniappan, V.M.(1993). Exploitation of Ancient Knowledge in Tamil for Economic Development. Journal of Indian Studies, Pub: Department of Indian Studies, University of Malaya. 5, 26 – 39.
112. Palaniappan, V.M.(1994). Balanced Diet for Different Age Groups in Malaysia. Talk aired in “The World of Women”, a magazine program, Radio-6, RTM, 15.2.1994: 9.10 – 9.22 a.m.: 12 minutes.
113. Palaniappan, V.M.(1994). Ecology and Flora of Malaysian Tin Tailings (Bilingual: In Malaysia Language & English): Mimeographed publication, Botany Department, University of Malaya, 210pp.
114. Palaniappan, V.M.(1995). Health Care Management in the Practice of Religion. Guest Sadhanavaaram lecture delivered at The Divine Life Society, Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur. 15th July.
115. Palaniappan, V.M.(1995). Toxicity in foods consumed by school children. Guest lecture delivered at the Seminar for Student Welfare, organised by Namakkal Welfare Association, Kuala Lumpur. 30th July.
116. Palaniappan, V.M.(1996). The Laws of Love, Business and Total Health. Paper presented at the Motivation Group Seminar “Focus on No.1”, A M Naidu & Associates, Petaling Jaya. 8th April.
117. Palaniappan, V.M.(1996). The past, present and future of Ayurvedic/ Siddah systems of medicine. Guest lecture delivered at the 6th Semester Programme on Alternative Medicine, International Medical College, Petaling Jaya. 30th April.
118. Palaniappan, V.M.(1996). Vigilance Against Toxicity in Foods Consumed by School Children. Motivation talk delivered at the Motivation Camp of SRJJK (T) Zon Sentul, Kuala Lumpur. 16th August.
119. Palaniappan, V.M.(1996). Health Management for People of the Insurance Industry. Guest lecture delivered at 6th Sales Seminar of Chandran & Associates, The Great Eastern Life Assurance Co.Ltd., in Petaling Jaya. 21st September.
120. Palaniappan, V.M.(1997). Diet Management for School Children. Paper presented at the Seminar on Parental Contributions and Students Welfare, held on 17th July, at NTPS, Batu Caves, Selangor.
121. Palaniappan, V.M.(1997). Contributions of St. Thirumoolar for a healthy living. Special guest lecture delivered at Thiruvarul Thava Neri Mandram. Kuala Lumpur. 15th November.
122. Palaniappan, V.M.(1998). Health management for dancers. Paper presented at the one day seminar organised by Tanjai Kamala-Indra Dance School, Kuala Lumpur. Sunday, 28th June.
123. Palaniappan, V.M.(1998). The Right Kind of Diet for a Healthy Living. Special guest lecture delivered at Brahma Kumaris Raja Yoga Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, 4th October.
124. Palaniappan, V.M.(1998). ECOLOGICAL HEALING SYSTEM – THESES AND HYPOTHESES-I: OBESITY: CAUSES, PREVENTION AND CURES. Ecohealth S/B.,. ISBN 967-9988-05-8.471pp BOOK.
125. Palaniappan, V.M.(1999). Edited Munnetra Pathaiyilai, Jaya Bakti Pub., 152pp. Tamil translation of the English book “The Way Forward” byMalaysian Prime Minister Dato Sri Dr.MahathirMohamed,
126. Palaniappan, V.M. (2000). ECOLOGICAL HEALING SYSTEM – II: HEALTH PROBLEMS: DIAGNOSE YOURSELF. Ecohealth Sdn. Bhd. ISBN 967-9988-06-6. 148pp BOOK
127. Palaniappan, V.M. (2000). ECOLOGICAL HEALING SYSTEM – III: YOUR SEX POTENTIALS. Ecohealth Sdn. Bhd. ISBN 967-9988-07-4. 181pp BOOK.
128. Palaniappan, V.M.(2000). Development of Breast Lumps, Cysts and Fibroids, and Methods for Their Prevention. Paper presented at the Seminar by AMMAA, held atKelanaJaya, Sunday, 8.5. 2000.
129. Palaniappan, V.M.(2000). Obesity and Women’s Diseases. Paper presented at the one-day seminar on Health & Beauty, Organised by Pertubuhan Belia & Sukan, W.P. & Pertubuhan Hal Ehwal Wanita, Kuala Lumpur, held at Hotel Florida, on Saturday, 19th August, 2000.
130. Palaniappan, V.M.(2001). Diagnosis of health problems through the determination of calf density. Talk delivered at theKLWest Rotary Club. 13.4.2001.
131. Palaniappan, V.M.(2001). The ill-effects of excessive calcium in humans.Talk delivered at the Sentul Rotary Club in PWTC., 19.4.2001.
132. Palaniappan, V.M. (2001). ECOLOGICAL HEALING SYSTEM – IV: HEART PROBLEMS, DIABETES, AND RELATED DISEASES. Ecohealth Sdn. Bhd. ISBN 967-9988-08-2. 286pp BOOK..
133. Palaniappan, V.M. (2001). Ecological HEALING SYSTEM – VI: ASTHMA, BRONCHITIS, COUGH, SNEEZING AND SWEATING. Ecohealth Sdn. Bhd. ISBN 967-9988-09-0. 144pp BOOK.
134. Palaniappan, V.M.(2001). A new classification of obesity standards, based on the hardness of calf, in relation to various non-communicable diseases. Paper presented at the International Conference on Preventive Cardiology + 4th International Heart Health Conference, Osaka, Japan. 26-30 May, 2001. 8pp.
135. Palaniappan, V.M.(2001). Demonstration of a method for the assessment calf hardness (cH) of people for the diagnosis of non-communicable diseases. Poster paper presented at the International Conference on Preventive Cardiology + 4th International Heart Health Conference, Osaka, Japan. 26-30 May, 2001.
136. Palaniappan, V.M.(2001). If something is good, too much of it should be excellent? Style Infinity. Issue 4/2001, 67-68.
137. Palaniappan, V.M (2001). The effects of inadequate water consumption and its relation to Diabetes Mellitus Type II. Talk aired in Radio Malaysia, Radio-6: 10.10 – 11.00 p.m., Wednesday, 12.12.2001.
138. Palaniappan, V.M.(2002). Methods for Improving Memory Power. Seminar/Workshop.KumaraguruColloege of Technology, Coimbatore.
139. Palaniappan, V.M.(2003). Kotti Thantharulvaar Kongkarathi Narayanar. Poetry of five stanzas/venbaakkal in Tamil. Aachi Vanthachu.16.10.2003. p.3.
140. Palaniappan, V.M.(2003). A novel research-based methodology for the diagnosis of human diseases. Full-day seminar delivered to Visiting Professors at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
141. Palaniappan, V.M.(2004). Ittalikku Arisi Innathena Ketporkku Paanggana Pathilithuve. Poetry of seven stanzas/ venpaakkal in Tamil. Aachi Vanthaachu, 16.3.2004, p.3.
142. Palaniappan, V.M.(2005). HAIR PROBLEMS: CAUSES, CURE, AND PREVENTION. 285-pages Book. Published by Ecohealth Sdn. Bhd., Kuala Lumpur.
143-152: Ten publications during 2005 – 2006 period require updating.
153. Palaniappan, V.M.(2007). SEX PROBLEMS: CAUSES, CURE AND PREVENTION. ISBN 978-967-9988-11-6. 224pp BOOK. Neo Health Care Pub., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
154. Palaniappan, V.M.(2007). HUMAN DISEASES”. ISBN 978-967-9988-12-3. 336pp BOOK. Neo Health Care Pub., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
155. Palaniappan, V.M.(2008). THE TRUE CAUSES OF ALL DISEASES. ISBN 978-967-9988-13-0. 192pp BOOK. Neo Health Care Pub., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
156. Palaniappan, V.M.(2010). CANCER: CAUSES, CURE AND PREVENTION. ISBN 978-967-9988-14-7. 624 pages BOOK. Neo Health Care Pub., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
157. Palaniappan, V.M.(2010). Marpu Putru (Breast Cancer, in Tamil) Paper presented at the International Classical Tamil Conference, Coimbatore, India. 23-29 June, 2010. 36pp. Booklet.
158. Palaniappan, V.M.(2010). Putru (Cancer, in Tamil). Neo Health Care Pub:, Kuala Lumpur. 44pp booklet.
159. Palaniappan, V.M.(2011). DIABETES: CAUSES, CURE AND PREVENTION. ISBN978-967-9988-15-4. 256pp. BOOK. Neo Health Care Pub.,, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
160-167: Palaniappan,V.M.(2011-2012). How to live for 100 years, in good health. Tamil Serials. Thannambikkai, monthly magazine, Coimbatore, India.
168. Palaniappan,V.M.(2012). Basic training for the prevention / cure of Type-2 Diabetes. One-day seminar sponsored by Wavetell Mobile Mall, Coimbatore. 6 July 2010.
169. Palaniappan, V.M. (2012). MENSES, MENOPAUSE, AND OSTEOPOROSIS. Neo Health Care. Book: 144pp; ISBN 978-967-9988-17-8).
170. Palaniappan, V.M (2013). ALL ABOUT OBESITY, IN A NUTSHELL. Book: Neo Health Care. 221pp; ISBN 978-967-9988-18-5.. .
BLOG, INTERNET: HTTP://ECOHEALINGSYSTEM.BLOGSPOT.COM: DEVOTED FOR HEALTHCARE ONLY: BETWEEN 2009 AND 2015: PUBLISHED 301 ORIGINAL ARTICLES IN THE AREA OF ECOLOGICAL HEALING SYSTEM. MORE THAN 73,325 VISITORS, AND 96,635 PAGE VIEWS.
SUPERVISION/ GUIDANCE OF UNDERGRADUATE/ POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECTS (at B.Sc. Honours/ M.Sc./ Ph.D. Levels):
1. Chemical composition of Curculigo latifolia,Dryand. in relation to the fertility of its habitat. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:FongFooWoon, 1971/72.
2. Ecology of soil microfungi in Ulu Gombak forest. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Wong Heng Tong, mposition and their gradients of Eupatorium odoratum in relation to its growth. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Cheah Sin Hock, 1971/72
4. Chemical composition of certain plant species in relation to the nutrient status of their habitats. B.Sc.Hons. Project: Candidate: Yap Siew Eng, 1972/73.
5. Ecological studies on the rhizosphere fungi of Hibiscus esculentus,L.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Sim Ah Bah, 1973/74.
6. Ecological studies on the phosphate uptake of two Borreria species in relation to the soil status, phosphate dressing and plant ages. B.Sc.Hons. Project. K.Sabapathy, 1973/74.
7. Ecological studies on the mineral nutrient status of certain cattle-grazed grasses. Candidate:RathaKandiah, B.Sc.Hons. Project. 1973/74.
8. Soil microfungi in a West Malaysian mangrove swamp at Port Swettenham. Candidate: Tham Ah Seng, Honours Project. 1973/74.
9. The effect of fertilizer treatments on the behavioural aspects of Hibiscus esculentus,L. in relation to the properties of tin tailings.B.Sc.Hons. Project: Candidate:TehKeeGim, 1974/75.
10. Studies on the accumulation of certain heavy metals in plants of the dumping grounds. B.Sc.Hons. Project: Candidate:LiewChooiPeng, 1974/75.
11. Potassium fixation, its release and exchangeable capacity in the soils around Kuala Lumpur district.B.Sc.Hons. Project: Candidate: Tan Hoi Siam, 1974/75.
12. The chemical composition of Borreria laevicaulis in relation to the fertility of its habitat. Candidate: Tiong KingKiong,B.Sc.Hons. Project: 1976/77.
13. The nitrogen mineralisation capacities of certain West Malaysian soil types in relation to their nitrogen status.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Kalyani Manickam, 1976/77.
14. The influence of commercial fungicides on the mineralisation of soil nitrogen. Candidate:B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Jeyaleela Arunachalam, 1976/77.
15. The rate of decomposition and nutrient release of Centrosema pubescens (Benth).B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:GardevKaurDhaliwal, 1976/77.
16. Effect of green manure (Calapogonium muconoides) on the fertility status of six soil types.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Girija Balakrishna, 1976/77.
17. The rates of accumulation and release of nutrient ions by Arachis hypogaea, Willd.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Palaniappan Swaminathan, 1977/78.
18. Accumulation, tolerance and toxicity of certain heavy metals in two plant species of the dumping grounds.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:AndrewSubramaniam, 1977/78.
19. Protein distribution in the litter of the forest floor.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Mohd.SidekHamdan bin Masod, 1977/78.
20. Effect of oil palm effluent irrigation on the fixation and release of soil potassium. Candidate: Zabrina bte. Zainal jAriffin, 1978/79.
21. Effect of varied soil types on the behaviour of Dillenia sp.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:TanKim Lan, 1978/79.
22. Nitrogen retention and supplying capacity of certain Malaysian soil types subjected to oil palm effluent irrigation.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Tan Heng Chang, 1978/79.
23. Assessment of polluted soils using Hibiscus esculentus as a test plant.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Yap Fee Meng, 1978/79.
24. Flora of tin tailings areas.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:FatimahAbdullah, 1979/80.
25. Screening of certain plant extracts for use as weedicides. B.Sc. Hons Project. Candidate: Nooraini Bakar, 1979/80.
26. The rate of decomposition of palm oil mill effluent cake in different soil types.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Chelvakumar Coomarasamy, 1979/80.
27. Nitrogen mineralisation pattern of a soil subjected to POME disposal. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Ramlah Faridah, 1980/81.
28. Characterisation, decomposition and utilisation of palm oil mill effluent (POME) as a manure for the growth of plants. M.Sc.Candidate:PalaniappanSwaminathan, 198l.
29. Decomposition of effluent residues on soil surface. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: S.Panneerselvam, 1981/82.
30. The relationship between nutrient uptake and soil moisture in different soil types. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:SubbammahPaidiah, 198l/82.
31. Efficiency of various sources of nitrogen fertilizers for the growth of certain vegetable crops.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:SaaidatulRahimah bte.SaaidanKhadri, 198l/82.
32. Percambahan dan kebolehan hidup anak pokok jagung (Zea mays) dalam tanah yang diperlukan dengan hampas lenga (gingelly oil cake) yang baru dan separa reput.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:CheAbdullah b. Che Mat, 1983/84.
33. Effects of biocides on the nutritive nature of plants. Joint-supervision with Prof.Madya S.Balabaskaran: M.Sc.Project. Candidate: Tilakavati Karupaiah, 1982-85.
34. Effects of acidified water on the germination and early growth of Vigna radiata (L) Wilczek and Zea mays L. Candidate: Indu Bala,1984/85.
35. The effect of acidified water on the early decomposition and nutrient release of Grewia tomentosa Juss. (Syn: C. paniculata Roxb.ex.DC.) leaf litter.B.SC.Hons. Project. Candidate:RashpalKaurMaanSingh, 1984/85.
36. Recent introduction to the flora of tin tailings areas. Candidate: Hadiah Rahman Hamzah, 1985/86.
37. Effect of simulated acid rain on the potassium fixation in soils around Kuala Lumpur. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Rozilah bte. Othman @ Ali, 1985/86.
38. Kesan hujan berasid tiruan ke atas pengeluaran dedaun rumput. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Rohana Goon, 1985/86.
39. Effects of simulated acid precipitation on the germination of seeds. B.Sc. Hons Project. Candidate: Haliza Yahaya, 1985/86.
40. Nitrogen mineralisation potentials of soils subjected to irrigation of simulated acid rainfalls.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Zuraidah Mohamed, 1985/86.
41. Effects fo sulphuric acid dilutions on (a) the growth of mung bean Vigna radiata (L) Wilzeck. and (b) the chemical composition of its grain and underlying soil. M.Sc. Project. Candidate: Rashpal Kaur Maan Singh, 1985-87.
42. Effects of simulated acid rains on the decomposition of Shorea leprosula Miq. leaf litter in amature secondary forest atUluGombak. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Janese Jantey Ponaiah, 1986/87.
43. Weed flora of Klang Valley. B.Sc.Hons.Project. Candidate: Vijaya Kailasam, 1986/87.
44. Effects of simulated acid rains on the chemical composition of soil under Vigna radiata (L) Wilzeck cultivation. B.Sc.Hons. Project.HadrissHj.Marzali, 1986/87.
45. Effects of simulated acid rains on the N-mineralisation of soils under Vigna radiate (L) Wilzeck. cultivation.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Bariah bte. Osman, 1986/87.
46. Effects of simulated acid rain on the N mineralisation of potted soils under Zea mays L. cultivation.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:DionysiusShankarKumarSharma, 1988/89.
47. Kesan hujan asid tiruan ke atas keupayaan mengikat nitrogen oleh beberapa spesis rumpai legum.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:JepinihAngin @ Yangin, 1989/90.
48. Kesan hujan asid tiruan ke atas nilai pemakanan beberapa hasil tanaman.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:AsmawatiAbdullah @ Ghazali, 1989/90.
49. Kandungan nutrien dalam beberapa jenis sayur-sayuran yang ditanam dalam tanah pasir lombong.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate:NoorHanitaZakaria, 1990/91.
50. Kandungan nutrien dalam beberapa jenis buah-buahan dan sayur-sayuran di Malaysia. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Norliza Kastor, 1990/91.
51. Kesan kegunaan baja tiruan dalam kuantiti yang berlainan ke atas penghasilan kacang tanah (Arachis hypogaea) di bahan buangan (pasir) lombong bijih timah.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Sarimah Abd. Majid, 1991/92.
52. Kesan hujan asid tiruan terhadap produktiviti tanaman sayuran yang ditanam dalam tanah pasir lombong.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Saiful Arif Abdullah, 1991/92.
53. Taburan tumbuhan perubatan tradisional terpileh di sekitarNegeriSelangor. B.Sc.Hons. Project.B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Mohd.SukriGhani, 1992/93.
54. Kajian penanaman tomato di pasir lombong menggunakan baja inorganik dan efluen kilang minyak kelapa sawit (POME).B.Sc.Hons. Project.RozilahNawawi, 1992/93.
55. KajianTaraf Pencemaran Hujandi Petaling Jaya. B.Sc.Hons. Project. Candidate: Mohd.RashidB.Gelamdin, 1993/94.
56. Effect of Simulated Acidic Rain on The Performance of Selected Agricultural Crops and Soils. Ph.D. Thesis. 501pp. Candidate:RashpalKaurMaanSingh, 1988/94.
GOAL / OBJECTIVE:
- To write and publish books, based on my own research, in the area of Ecological Healing System, with a view to using them as TEXT BOOKS / REFERENCES for the teaching of Ecological Healing System in an Academic Institution.
- Initial Objective: To establish a College / university for the Teaching of Ecological Healing System (EHS) / EcoTherapy so as to create a large number of EHS Practitioners, for the perpetuation of this important complementary medical system, that could benefit humanity at large.
- Final Objective: To establish a disease free / a totally healthy Human Population world wide.